Ecommerce roadmapping is one of our core services, focused on aligning your business goals and objectives with short, medium and long-term roadmap phases. We would audit various areas of your business and ecommerce channel and collaborate with key stakeholders to define and prioritise phases and plan delivery.
Introduction & Offering
We’d usually start any roadmapping project with one or more discovery workshops and then we’d conduct an audit, with a view to building and collating a set of items that could / should go into the roadmap at different points. We’d then collaborate with your team to define priorities, based on time, complexity and cost and likely impact.
- Team with a wide range of skills and focus, covering product ownership, technical solutions, marketing, strategy, and analysis
- Deep experience in both technical and strategic areas (ranging from PIM implementation to CRM strategy)
- Unbiased, impartial and fair team – we work with all technology partners and do not favour solutions based on commission or benefits
- One of the world’s only Shopify Plus consultancy partners, alongside multiple Magento Certified Solutions Specialists
- Experienced with most major platforms – Magento / Adobe, Shopify Plus, Salesforce Commerce Cloud, Shopware, BigCommerce, SAP, etc.
- Strong relationships with majority of technology partners – ranging from PIM to personalisation to BI platforms
- Supported a wide range of major ecommerce projects for brands from all over the world, including Bulletproof, The V&A, Self-Portrait, Science Museum Group, PMT Music, Totême, David Austin Roses, Sunspel and many more
- Won multiple awards at leading ceremonies, including the eCommerce Awards and the UK eCommerce Awards
Our roadmap service is designed for both smaller teams with limited ecommerce expertise and resource, as well as larger teams that lack strategic direction. The purpose is to provide a clear, structured plan and foundation of a timeline for a six to twelve month period. This provides the client’s team a detailed list of actionable tasks that can be used to ensure the successful delivery of each project area, each of which can form the basis of briefs for the design and development effort.
We’d usually start any roadmapping project with one or
more discovery workshops and then we’d conduct an audit, with a view to building a set of items that make up the roadmap. The core deliverables from this piece include collating a comprehensive list of roadmap items, each labelled with effort (dictated by development, design and internal resource) and impact estimates, which lays the foundation of short, medium and long term priorities. The final piece involves a discussing and evaluating our suggested roadmap to ensure that all stakeholders are on board and in agreement with the priorities, and wider internal priorities are considered.
Whilst every client’s roadmap will be different dependent on their goals, a typical roadmap may include:
- Technical updates across underlying architecture, performance, security, compliance, general code issues etc.
- Checkout, payments methods etc.
- UX, usability and accessibility – review of core templates, mobile, key functional aspects of the site etc.
- Functionality – search, category merchandising, bundling and general aspects of trading and production.
- Retention approach across loyalty, email, data capture, subscriptions etc.
- Overall tech stack – ranging from platform to integrations to personalisation etc.
- Analytics & reporting – data accuracy, overall setup, tracking issues etc
- Technical SEO
- Post-purchase experience
- Account functionality and experience
- And lots more
Every project is always fairly unique due to their technology stack, strategic goals, internal priorities, team budget etc.
Above is simply a small selection of the elements covered by our projects. We have covered many other areas, from specific projects around UX consultancy, trading, and analytics transformation, to overarching Ecommerce Strategy projects. If you are looking for assistance, or simply a chat about opportunities, get in touch below.